Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Payed promotion

Exactly one week ago I create a campaign on AdMob to promote my Application GPS, find me!. Also if it is too early to talk about it I would like to give a short feedback about this experience.

Initially I was a bit skeptical about AdMob because in this blog the author relates that he setup a $50 campaign and in just a few minutes he burn all his budget for only 152 clicks and no one turned into installation.

Reading more carefully I saw that he did two big mistakes:
  • his bid was too high ($0.28)
  • he advertised a payed app

The bid is what you are willing to pay for each click.

Since my bid will be much lower and my app is free and revolutionary I decided to give a try investing $50.

I set as bid $0.01 which is the minimum allowed and I setup the campaign only for USA. After one week I had 39,000 impressions, about 500 clicks and I payed just $3.68.

Since the beginning of this campaign I got 17 new users from USA, but it is too early to say if this is a consequence of the campaign or a simple statistical fluctuation.

I do not know how AdMob works, but I suppose that the ads are shown with a round robin with priority schema where the priority is set by the bid; the higher the bid the more likely your add will be shown.

I suppose that the minimum bid is chosen by almost all the small developers like me. If I'm right, this class of priority will be the most populated and this explains why I do not get much impressions per day.

Now I setup another campaign identical to the previous but with the bid set to $0.02, let's see if something changes.

No comments:

Post a Comment