Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Result of the promotion in the USA

One week ago I sent to 9 Android forums and review sites a short description of my latest application (GPS, find me!) hoping that more exposure on the web could lead to an increased number of downloads.

Well, I was wrong, or at least I submitted to the wrong sites because in one week I did not see any relevant increment in the number of downloads from USA or any other English speaking country.

The reason is probably because every developer submits his applications there and after just a couple of days your post is overwhelmed by dozens of other posts promoting other applications. After one week my posts are beyond the 5th page, almost invisible...

Free promotion via forum submissions in the USA seems to me a waste of time; in Italy it worked, but not in the USA for my experience.

I believe in my application, and considered that in Italy the success was explosive, I decided to invest some money into advertising; next step will be  to test some pay for install service.

No comments:

Post a Comment