Thursday, October 25, 2012

Promote my app in the USA

It is official: the Italian market for my application is almost saturated. From Oct 15 the downloads dropped from 600 per day to about 100.

When I had constantly more than 500 downloads per day I was ranked at the 45th place in the list of "New free applications". Now I disappear completely from that list.

I had to promote my application in other countries when I had this good ranking because if I could replicate the success I had in Italy my ranking would become better and the more near you are from the top of that list the more likely you get more installs. If you reach the position 10 you likely are in the first page and this would give you a large amount of new downloads just because the application is popular. No matter how good it is...

I call this the Paris Hilton effect: she is famous because... she is famous!

Now I'm trying to promote my application via the following forums and review sites:

AndroidPolice
StartupzMobile
AndroidTapp
AndDev
AndroidCentral
Android.net
AndroidForums
AndroidCommunity
TalkAndroid

I already posted my messages and now I'm waiting to see the results. Stay tuned...

Make money with Android is much more difficult and time consuming than what I imagine.

No comments:

Post a Comment